7/14/2008

Huh?????

So this past weekend, Abigail and I went to my family reunion. It was up in Ogden. I had a lot of fun, but there is one thing that confused me. One of my second cousins is pregnant about 9 months I guess. And here she is smoking.
I guess I just don't understand. If you are pregnant and loved that child wouldn't you want to do all you can to help make the healthy. Its just hard for me to see that, but I guess it happens.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That is why addiction is so scary - no matter what the consequences are, they're not bad enough to make you not want whatever it is you're addicted to. That is so sad. My cousin's wife smoked throughout her pregnancy too. They went outside every 10 minutes to smoke and they said they had actually cut back! I thought, "THAT'S cutting back???" Not surprisingly, their baby was pretty low weight.