5/05/2009

Should I be concerned?

Today I have been feeling like something is sitting on top of my chest making it so I have a harder time breathing. Then tonight we went with Mike's brother and wife to dinner. As soon as I finished eating I got really uncomfortable, which isn't abnormal. But then I started getting really hot and felt like I was going to pass out. I was dizzy and I just wanted to lay down. Mike said that I was really pale. I was sweating.

We went out to the car while his brother finished his dessert. As we were driving, the same feeling came over me again. I actually was blacking out in the car. Then I had a contraction. I have been dizzy ever since and a head ache while I lay down. I am also having a hard time breathing still. My back and shoulders feel really tight and sore too.

I have ate today and drank lots of liquids. We are waiting to see how I feel in the morning, if I still really bad we will call the Dr. I don't have another appointment for a week.

On a sad note Abigail feel twice outside today. The first time it was in a parking lot and she got a cut on her forehead.The second time was when we got home, she tripped on the sidewalk. Poor little girl.

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Is the baby moving? You might want to go to the ER to be safe.

Adriane said...

I would definitely get checked out. You don't want to mess with those kind of symptoms. Go to the ER.

crystal said...

The baby is still moving. I am going to call my Dr. this morning. I had a long night. I was dizzy and hot even when trying to sleep. When that wasn't happening I was cold. Woke up with really bad headache. I am going to go drink some more water and eat and see if that helps. I will kepp yyou updated.

Sarah said...

Do you have swelling anywhere? (Hands, feet, face?)

Sarah said...

Also, have you taken your temperature?

crystal said...

I have no temperature. I tested it this morning. I am always swollen so it isn't any different than normal. I ate this morning so we are waiting for a little bit to see how I feel. I am also drinking lots of water. I also took some medicine that is approved by my Dr for headaches. I wanted to get everything that they suggest before I call.

crystal said...

Just talked to dr office. They said to eat more protein and if I get worse or problem persist that I should go to labor and delivery.

Sarah said...

Do they think it's from contractions or something? It sounds like a heart problem.

Sarah said...

Symptoms of pulmonary embolus (blood clot):

Shortness of breath

Rapid respiratory rate

Chest pain

Coughing, including coughing up blood

Rapid heart rate

Sweating

Slight fever

Fainting

Dizziness

Leg swelling and pain

Bluish skin

Swollen neck veins

Please go in! Better to be safe than sorry.

crystal said...

I am starting to feel better. I am just relaxing and taking it easy and making sure I get plenty of liquids and food. I think all will turn out fine.

Sarah said...

Still feeling OK? Did the doctor just think you were malnourished? We're praying for you.

crystal said...

I am feeling better. I think thats what happened which is weird. Now if we could just get our swamp cooler turned on so it's not so hot.