8/16/2010

Aggressive kid and messy kid

Brooklyn is a very aggressive she likes to take things from Abigail. When they fight for a toy she usually wins. She is also a biter. If she wants you to do something or if she wants something she will bite. She has bit Mike, Abigail and me. Today was the worst for Abigail. Brooklyn bit so hard that it left marks and was still red later on. We told Brooklyn you do not bite. We say it loudly and sternly but don't yell. I just need to find the right way to stop it. My mom told me to smack her on the face or bite her back and that is something we don't want to do. I guess we will just keep working with her. She is also stubborn. She is learning how to walk. But the only way that she will is if she is in the mood to. If you try to have her walk she screams at you and bends her knees. But she seems to be liking it more.

Abigail has been doing really well with potty training, well except with the pooping part. She will hold it for days and then go in her pants. So today when she pooped in her pants I made her clean up after herself. She had to clean her panties and rinse them out. She did not like it at all. I later asked her who cleans up after you poo. She told me no one, because I need to go in the potty. Mike later asked her who cleans it up and she said I do. We are hoping this will help her learn she need to go on the potty.

3 comments:

Blair and Cindy said...

I have a friend that would put a little bit of chili pepper on her kids' tongues when they were bad. Now they think twice about doing something bad. You could try something like that. Good luck! :)

Heidi said...

I have a friend who wouldn't clean up poopy underwear. She told her kids that if they pooped in their underwear, the underwear was going in the garbage.

Sarah said...

Oh, I do not like the biting phase. I think Eric was the worst with that and he got a time-out every time. I'm trying to remember what finally got him to stop. I think Carmen has done it a few times and hopefully won't continue.

Good luck with the poop! Eventually she'll decide it's easier going in the potty. I think they are grossed out at first and would rather do it in their diaper where they don't have to look at it.