Easter weekend was really busy for us. Saturday morning we woke up and colored Easter eggs. We did Tye dyed ones. They were so easy. You put a little color on the eggs in the baggie. Then you rub the color around. Brooklyn tried, but I had to help her out a lot. Abigail was really good at it. We decided to do eggs like this again.
Brooklyn showing off her pink egg
Abigail and Brooklyn. Don't mind Abigail's hair I didn't do it yet, so it was nice and poofy. Curse of the natural curly hair.
Abigail rubbing her egg.
Our finished product
Xavier and Brooklyn in their Easter shirts.
For lunch I went up to Salt Lake and had lunch with some of my old roommates. We went to Zupas. It was really good, and fun to catch up with these girls. One of them is pregnant and due in 3 weeks she looks about 6 months pregnant so small. We are going to try to hang out more often.
Saturday night we went to dinner with most of my siblings. My sister surprised us and came down from Seattle. We were going to go to Texas Roadhouse, but there was a 3 hour wait. So we decided to go to Tacanos, but there was a 2 1/2 hour wait so we went to La Jolla Grove. It is a really yummy place. Mike and I have been before and when they said a 10 minute wait we were happy. After dinner we went to my brother's house to have cake for my sisters birthday. It was just a good night got home late, Mike and I stayed up later, because we had to make food for the next day.
Xavier in his Easter outfit. I bought it big so he could grow into it.
Brooklyn in her Easter dress. The most serious look I have ever seen her make.
Normal Cheesy girl
Our girls
Cute boy
They made funny faces in this one.
Abigail by herself.
This is my side of the family. First time in 5 years since we have been together.
Sunday we went to church, Mike sang in the choir and they sounded really good. Our two youngest took turns being cranky and crying. Mike and I were in the hall a lot. Abigail had to give a talk in Primary so we went and did that, then left to go to my family party. We had lunch, then we took pictures. After that we had an Easter egg hunt. I hid eggs then had to go feed Xavier so I didn't get any pictures. After that we had desert Mike made Creme Brulee. It was so good. He hasn't made it since we got married. My family loved it and asked him if he would make it again. We only had enough ramekin's to make 1 per couple plus 1 extra. Everyone wanted more so we told them to buy us more and we can make more next time. We also had pound cake and strawberries that my sister-in-law made. Which was pretty good. We went to my grandma Smith's house after that, it was her birthday and they have an annual Easter party. Mike and I didn't stay very long, because it was cold and windy and Xavier hated it and was screaming the whole time. We thought it just wasn't worth it. We came home and did a puzzle with our kids then played the wii. It was a good Easter.
No comments:
Post a Comment