1/05/2009

an update

It has been a long time since I have written on my blog. Either I have been busy, feeling sick or just had nothing to say.

We had a good Christmas, we went to my parents for Christmas eve dinner. It was good to be with family and have fun. Later that night we drove to Delta to spend a couple of days with Mike's parents. It was fun and Abigail warmed up really fast this time. Half of the time she was running around playing. She really loves her aunt Shelly every time she would come over, Abigail would clap her hands and run to her. We came back on Friday to spend a few days alone which was good we were all tired and we had to teach our primary class for the last time.

New Years eve was kind of fun and boring that day I went and hung out with some of my old high school friends some of them that I have not seen for ten years or more. Abigail had fun, we took her to the play area at the mall, which has a big tree and she just walked around the tree looking at everyone. That night one of my old roommates came over and we just talked. I didn't stay up until midnight. Which I blame on the pregnancy I have been really tired. I did wake back up at midnight though because people were doing fireworks and screaming happy new year, not yelling but screaming.

We finally got our student loan money this week, so Saturday we went shopping the whole day. We bought a bunch of things that we needed. We finally bought Abigail a dresser and we bought her a bed so she can go into that when they new baby comes. It is a black day bed with metal frames. We are going to put her in it a couple of months before the baby comes so she will be used to it. We also bought a new car seat and a stroller. I know it is a bit early but we have the money and decided we better do it now. We are also saving money to buy clothes if it is a boy. Which we will find out next month yay!

Abigail has been good. I took her to her 18 month appointment the other day. She has gained a lot of weight which makes her Dr. Happy she is now 19 pounds. Her Dr. said to keep doing what we have been doing which is giving her chocolate milk. He said he usually wouldn't tell parents to give their kids only chocolate milk but in Abigail's case she needs it. She now has 10 teeth her top 4 and bottom 4 then two bottom molars. She is talking a lot more.She also goes and gets diapers for me when I ask for them. Abigail did the weirdest thing the other night. We put her to bed and about a half hour later we heard her crying. I usually try to ignore it for a little bit, but I had this feeling that I had to go in there. When I did I noticed that she had wrapped her leg around 3 bars of her crib. Out then in then out again and she was stuck. I had to have Mike come in and help me unwrap her leg. We had to push the mattress back and work on it. We finally got it and cuddled her for a little bit. I would of took a picture but my main concern at the time was getting her out.
We took her to nursery for the first time yesterday. She was really good. They said she cried for about 2 minutes a half hour I dropped her off. But the rest of time she played and she shared books and toys with they other kids. It made me so happy, that she is such a good girl. Mike and I will drop her off every other week. We teach primary right after sacrament so we need to take turns.

We are now teaching the Valiant 10 class, which is 9 year old that turn 10 this year. We have found so far that they are an easier group to teach. They sit there and listen and they actually respond to questions to we ask more that it makes us happy and we smile,(what we got from our ctr 7 class.

School starts in 2 days. Mike has a full schedule, plus work, so I will see him once in awhile. I am only taking 2 online classes. I didn't have a baby sitter for this semester so it will be easier on me. I am still waiting to hear from my teachers to find out what I need to do.

I am starting to show a little bit, but like my last pregnancy it is going slow. I think I have felt the baby move. It just feels like a tickle, but it happens a lot. I have my next appointment on the 15th of this month. Unless something happens before then.

Mike and I are taking his brother and sister-in-law to a Jazz game on the 27th. It is a thank you for babysitting slash Christmas present. I am trying to find a baby sitter now for that night, because I don't think Abigail would like it.

We are finally getting some new family pictures tomorrow, we haven't had them since Abigail was 6 weeks old. It will be good to update our photos.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I wish I were there to watch Abigail! I would watch her! (Especially since she only weighs 19 pounds! Hehe.) What a cute little girl she is.