2/05/2009

pros and cons of taking online courses

There are pros and cons of taking online courses.

Pros
If you want to you can do it in your pajamas and not feel weird about it.
You can take your time learning.
You do it when you have free time.
You can stop the videos you are watching and go back if you miss something. Or if your child is screaming at you.
You can be at the comfort of your home
You can go as fast or as slow as you want to.

Cons
You are not on a set schedule in some classes so it is easy to get behind.
You don't have as much interaction with your teacher. So if you have questions you have to e-mail and hope that they will email you back.
You still have to go to school to take tests. By a scheduled time.
Sometimes the videos won't download right so you have to try it 5 or 6 times. (unless you spend the 70 dollars to buy videos, or you get up at 4 in the morning to watch them on TV)

I really am enjoying my online classes. I am doing good on keeping up in my math class. Last night I was trying to do homework, with Mike the smart one in maths help. We got to last problem and both of us tried it and gave up before we were finished it was really intense. Since it was only one problem I was like who cares. I did good on my first test in that class 93% and that was without studying for it. Imagine if I did study.

My anatomy class on the other hand, it hit me the other day that I have to take the first test by the 6th of this month and I had not watched any of the videos yet. I think it is because I am lazy. I have 9 videos to watch. Monday and Tuesday we couldn't get the videos to download. Finally yesterday I got them to start downloading. Problem 9 videos in two days with a 19 month old begging for my attention. I am now on 5th video and she is playing in her room.

I will get it all done by tonight and take test in morning. Then I have a goal to never get behind again.

No comments: