I need a little time to vent. We are letting Abigail pick out her own clothes, so her dresser drawers are on the bottom. Problem is, she pulls clothes out all the time. Spreads them all over her room, and then won't put them away. We have tried time out and we make her clean it up. We also tell her big girls, keep their clothes put away. But she keeps doing it. I am just getting so tired of it. I know she is only 22 months old, but I want her to learn to not make a mess like that.
I just don't know what else to do.
3 comments:
That is extremely frustrating. Eric was so bad about it, I took his clothes away for a while. I put them in a crate and kept them in my room for a while and made him earn them back (his favorites anyway).
I think it is just the age. They are curious and LOVE to make messes. Emily is pretty good at taking her clothes to her room, but she does the same thing and tries to empty her drawers. However, all I have to do is show her how to put one thing away and then she does the rest. As she is doing it, I am excitedly praising her and telling her that she is doing a great job. She loves the praise and the hug after she is done cleaning up. Good luck!
Ashlee is the opposite. She loves to put things away where they go.
Post a Comment