I have sharing time this week. When I looked at my lesson it said "God speaks through prophets" I thought that should be something good. I look at the lesson ideas. All it said is consider going over what was taught all month. I decided to go a different direction.
Next week is general conference. Which we get to hear the Current prophet speak. So I decided that we would play a matching game. I have printed the pictures of the first presidency and the quorum of the 12 apostles. I then wrote their names on separate sheets of paper. I am going to have them match the name with the picture. I am considering separating the first name and the last name for the senior primary
I also made a word search for them to do. I looked up in the last conference ensign for some words that they used. I made the one for the junior primary really easy. The one for the senior primary is a little harder.
Last night though I had a nightmare about it. I thought that I forgot most of the stuff for it. All I had was some pictures and that's it. Also people kept coming in and interrupting the lesson. They would tell me I was doing a bad job. I guess I will just have to make sure I have all my stuff before I go to church on Sunday.
2 comments:
What a great idea for sharing time! The kids are going to love it!
That's cool. We did something kinda similar to the prophet matching thing when my class had to do sharing time. We had pictures of the prophets and something about the prophet....like a quote, something they taught, or a fact about them. We'd give them one clue at a time till they figured it out. Parts of the name were last. I love your word search thing, too! Your sharing time will be great!
Post a Comment