I have been worrying about how to afford Christmas for our kids. We had some bills earlier in the fall come up that we did not plan on. We were like well if Mike can sell his books then we will get Christmas from our kids. I even got a plan B of borrowing money from my parents. Something I did not want to do. I also kept thinking they are so young they will not remember if we just get them one small gift. I even tried to make them blankets, but got lazy and they are not close to being done. Maybe for their birthday or next year.
Last night we were at home discussing what to make for dinner when someone came to our door. I walked down the stairs to answer and there was no one at the door, but there was a huge box of presents and food. There was also a gift card. I was like huh who would do this for us. We brought it in and there was a note saying the family learned about service during family home evening and decided to do service for someone they knew. I was in tears.
I don't know who did this or would of even thought of us, but I am really grateful for them. It is going to help us out so much. Someday when we have extra money I will want to help someone out also.
2 comments:
Awesome!!!! I'm so happy for you. :-D
That is so sweet!! You deserve it!
Post a Comment