12/09/2010

Update

So I did the 24 hour urine test and had the nst today. There was no protein in my urine and they noticed with rest my blood pressure goes down. So I am still on "take it easy" or as I call is Lazy syndrome. The nurse called it couch potato syndrome.

They took my blood and I found out tonight I have low platelets. Which they said if it gets under 100 I do not get to have an epidural. I have a very low pain tolerance so I hope it doesn't get to low. I guess I will find out more from my Dr. at my next appointment.

Mike and I decided last night this will be our last kid. We just don't want to keep doing this to my body. I am just glad we got a boy.

I am thankful for people who are willing to help us. The lady I visit teach is coming tomorrow to clean my house. I have been so tired that I have not been able to scrub my bathroom forever. But it was on my list of things to do. I was also supposed to have preschool next week, but a couple of the mom's are going to take over and do it.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

There are alternatives to the epidural, so don't feel like you're out of options for pain medicine. I didn't have an epidural for either of my deliveries, but I did have some IV pain medication when I had Ellie. They're not as effective as an epidural, but they help take the edge off.

I also recommend taking a stress ball to the delivery room. :)

Chelsea said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear about the latest medical problems. Hope you are able to get your blood pressure down and your platelets up! Take it easy!! Let me know if I can help.