2/06/2011

Long Night

Xavier doesn't like to sleep on his own. I think it has to do with the fact that when I came home from the hospital I hurt so much I couldn't sit up without pain. So I let him sleep with me. So now I am trying to get him to sleep on his own. He is also going through a growth spurt or something. He wants to eat every hour. It is so hard on me. Mike will tell me to pump a bottle so he can feed him, and I tell him that is hard to pump when the baby wants to eat once an hour.

Last night was one of the worst nights yet. We just started putting Brooklyn in her big girl bed. And it took her about 2 hours to finally go to bed last night. She kept getting on Abigail's bed and Abigail would yell at her to go to bed, she was getting in the dresser turning on the light. So after we finally got her to bed I tried to go to bed. With Xavier liking to eat every hour I would feed him I would think he was asleep and I would try and he would start crying for food again. At 2 he decided it was time to be wide awake. I tried to cuddle him and I somehow pulled a muscle in my upper back. So whatever way I moved it hurt, I was in tears because it hurt so bad. The pain was even going down into my arms. About 3:30 I finally got him back to sleep. I finally fell asleep.

A couple of hours he woke up and actually ate with me laying down in bed with him. While I was feeding him I heard Brooklyn cry a little. Which is normal for her so I kind of just ignored it. But then I heard her talking and turn on a toy. Again I was like oh well. But then I heard Abigail crying which is not normal, So after about 5 minutes I went in there and Brooklyn was sitting by Abigail's head on her pillow. They both got up. I knew it was early I was going to be a bad mom and just put cartoons on for them and go back to bed. Until I saw the time it wasn't even 6 yet. Brooklyn went and woke up Mike. I told him about my night and he said to go back to bed. I took a pain pill and tried to go back down, but still couldn't sleep. Xavier woke up about an hour later. So I got up, fed him out a heat pad on my back and tried to relax.

Now the kids are playing, Xavier is having floor time and Mike is in the shower. I am trying not to move, because of the pain. I wish I could go get a massage or something for this.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I wish I could come over and help you! Hope he's sleeping well for you soon.