Last night, I had just put Abigail in her high chair for dinner, when there was a knock on our door. I went to see who it was, it was my neighbor being nice telling me there was ice on our steps and porch. She didn't want Mike to come home late at night and fall. While she was talking to me, she looked over and said watch out that is a sales guy, he will probably come over. We then got back to talking, before we could finish the most annoying sales guy walked up.
My neighbor left and I was like well my daughter needs dinner so I should go feed her. He either didn't hear me or didn't want to hear me. He started talking about how he wanted to sale me coupons for oil changes he was like it is only 90 dollars today. I was like well I don't have 90 dollars today. He was like well your neighbor friend post dated her check you can do that. I said in 90 days I still won't have money, we have a very tight budget.
He still wouldn't take no for an answer, so I was like I should talk to my husband first before I spend that kind of money and he is at work. He then asked me, if he was going to come home before 8:30. I told him that is depended on the night, but probably no. He was like can you text him. So I Im'd (instant messaged) Mike and he said no. I told the sales guy and he was like well tell him this this and this. I was like ok and Mike still said no. I once again told the sales guy no. The sales guy finally got a hint and was like ok, I will go. But before he left the news was on and the weather was on and he wouldn't leave until he saw the 7 day forecast.
I was so happy when he was finally gone. It was one of those times I wish Mike would of been home with me. He would of gotten rid of me a lit faster than I could.
2 comments:
How annoying! As I have more kids, I have gotten ruder with sales people. One day two guys showed up at my door not even looking like official anything. I was waiting for someone to pick up her daughter, I thought it was her, she was crying, and I told the guys, "I don't have time for this" and closed the door.
You don't owe them an explanation at all. I try to rehearse what to say to people in situations like that. Blech! The Living Scriptures guy came to my door and he got an earful from me because I detest their sales practices.
I hate those sales people! Hate is a strong, word, but it's true. We get a ton down here because it is a new area so I finally put a "No Soliciting" sign by our door. We still get some, but not as many. I feel like telling them "Do you know what "No Soliciting" means!?" Did you let that guy in your house? I wouldn't have let him in at all! Especially if I was by myself! And I agree with Sarah, they don't need to hear excuses - just say "No Thanks" and close the door in their face. Hope it that doesn't happen to you again!
Post a Comment