10/12/2008

Digital cameras

This week in computer class, we learned about digital cameras. I already have one and know how to use it so it was really nothing new for me. I think that they are a really neat tool. At least you don't have to buy film and have to wait for the pictures, you have them right away. You can also get pictures developed if you want. I think for my future if I use a camera for classes that I will buy an extra one for my classes. I want to teach preschool and a lot of them learn by pictures, so it will be a good way to go.
The articles that we read, the first one that I read had a lot of different ways that you can use a digital camera the one that I really liked was to have their pictures with their name tag, that way if you have a sub, they will be able to know who all the students are. I think that is a good idea, also to have their pictures with your roll. The second one that I read talked about how they did a case study and they taught kindergartners how to use a camera and download them on a computer. I thought that was so neat that these kids could do that. The last article that I read talked about what you should think about before you buy a camera like what type of pictures you are going to take and the size.
Someday I want a better camera but what I have now will be fine for my needs now.

No comments: