3/05/2009

Stairs

We have stairs in our apartment, going from front door to our living room. Abigail when she first started walking tried to walk down them and would fall down head first. After doing this about 3 or 4 times in one night she avoided going down the stairs.

Recently her favorite thing is to go outside and she has held my hand and wanted to walk down, but her legs are to short. So we both almost fell down the stairs. Which would of not been good, because I would of protected her, and probably hurt myself in the process.

So the other day I taught her how to crawl down the stairs backward. It just took one time of learning. (This was not the first time I tried, I tried when she was scared of them.) Anyway now she goes up and down the stairs all the time. If she knows Mike is coming home from work she will go and wait at the foot of the stairs for him. When he is coming in I have to warn him that she is down there.

She has also learned how to unlock the front door. She plays with the door knob trying open it and unlocks it in the process. I told Mike it was just a matter of time for her to learn how to open it. So we are planning on getting a childproof thing for the front door. Also probably for our bedroom door and bathroom door, her favorite rooms to go in.

1 comment:

Blair and Cindy said...

The poor thing! I guess they have to learn though. Both my kids did. We have some of the childproof door knob things if you want them. They don't work on our doors because the knobs are more flat than round, so they actually help the kids open our doors instead of prevents them. Let me know! How's the baby?